Anthony C. Boucouvalas > Research interests
- Application of Cognitive Analysis to Web Design: Can we design and adapt multimedia web pages suited to individual cognitive styles?
- Expressive Communications: The detection of emotion from e-text, and display of emotive images. Applications include chat, stock markets, games, e-theatre.
- e-business: Scalability of web servers: Does your web server perform and does it scale well with future expansion?
Wireless LAN Communications:
- MAC level performance optimization of wireless protocols. The application of Markov chains in 802.11 in order to predict throughput and delay.
- TCP/IP Performance of wireless LANs
- Design of Optical Fibres and Optical Fibre Components: The modeling of optical fibres and components using equivalent circuits.
- Inverse Scattering Techniques applied to Fibre Optics: Design of filters and components can be achieved in the time domain and/or the frequency domain using Inverse scattering and layer peeling techniques.
Optical Wireless Communications (Indoors and Outdoors):
- Indoors: IrDA Protocol analysis and optimization: Examine the performance of Multi-Gbit/s short range wireless links.
- Outdoors: Optical Access using optical wireless. Protocol performance for duplex and simplex operation.
- Sensor Networks for Civilian and Military Applications.
- The use of Map tools for Sensor Networks
- The use of Map tools for Natural Disasters
- Earthquake Prediction and Forecasting Techniques.
- Sensor Network Protocols and Energy Efficiency